Green Bean Almondine
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2heads of garlic
2 + Tbspolive oil
1 lbfresh green beans
1/3 csliced almonds
2 ozcrumbled blue cheese
·salt and pepper
How to Make Green Bean Almondine
- Cut top off garlic cloves exposing cloves. Pour olive oil over top and wrap in tin foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Boil green beans 4-6 minutes until they turn bright green. Drain and transfer to large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add almonds. Cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Toss green beans in the a large baking dish with lid. Add garlic from the roasted cloves by squeezing the tin foil over the green beans. Excess olive oil and mashed garlic should easily transfer. Add additional tablespoon of olive oil and almonds. Mix to combine. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. Top with blue cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.