- 1 lb
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 6-7 oz mozzarella cheece, sliced lenthwise
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- chives to tie the rolls
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 14 oz jar tomato sauce with onion or your favorite tomato sauce
- leek, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
How to Make Greek Zucchini Rolls with Tomato Sauce
- 1Partly peel and slice zucchini lenthwise, into 1/4" slices. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the zucchini slices until soften. This will make it easier to roll.
If you prefer you can lightly brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and grill over medium high heat, turning once. Place on paper towels to drain and let cool.
- 2On top of each zucchini slice place a piece of mozzarella and sprinkle some finely chopped basil. Roll the zucchini slices and tie each with a chive. Place in a lightly greased baking dish with the seam looking down.
- 3To make the sauce:
Heat the 3 Tbsp olive oil and saute the finely chopped leek til tender. Add the tomato sauce and slowly simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt & freshly ground pepper. Pour over the rolls. Shake the dish so the sauce will spread evenly in the dish.
- 4Cook in preheated 350F oven for about 15 minutes, til mozzarella is starting to melt. Careful, you don't want it to melt too much and empty the rolls. Garnish with basil leaves and serve. Yummy!!!
Kali Orexi! Enjoy!