Glazed Asparagus & Carrots With Pecans
- 1 c
- carrots, sliced diagonally 1/4-inch
- 1 lb
- fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 stick
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make Glazed Asparagus & Carrots With Pecans
- 1Place 1 cup water in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
Bring to a full boil; add carrots and asparagus.
- 2Cover; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until carrots and asparagus are crisply tender (7 to 9 minutes).
Drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- 3Melt butter in same skillet.
Stir together cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into butter.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (2 to 3 minutes).
Stir in lemon peel.
- 5To serve, spoon sauce over warm carrots and asparagus.
Sprinkle with pecans.