Fried Tomatoes with Seasoned Cracker Crumbs
Daily Inspiration S
- tomato slices, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- green onion-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dried chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Fried Tomatoes with Seasoned Cracker Crumbs
- 1Beat eggs with cream. Combine the remaining ingredients together in a separate dish.
- 2Dip the tomato slices in egg mixture and coat tomato slices on both sides with crumb mixture.
- 3In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp. butter until it is sizzling hot, but not brown. Fry tomato slices for about 3 minutes per side, or until coating is lightly browned. Do this over moderately high heat so that the tomatoes do not get too soft.