Fried Green Maters
1/4 cplain cornmeal
1/4 call purpose flour
1/8 t tspfreshly ground black pepper
1 pinchgarlic powder
1 pinchitalian herb seasoning
1 pinchsmoked paprika
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 mediumgreen tomatoes, sliced 1/4" to 1/3" thick
How to Make Fried Green Maters
- Place all dry ingredients in plastic food bag; shake well.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place tomato slices in bag with dry ingredients and shake to coat.
- When oil is hot, carefully place coated tomato slices in pan; fry 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown; flip and cook until golden on second side (about 2 minutes.)
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- Serve hot. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.