Fried Cucumber with Purple Perilla
- fresh red chili, seeded minced
- 2 tsp
- garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp
- light soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- rice vinegar
- small handful purple perilla leaves minced
- 1 tsp
- sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp
- peanut oil
How to Make Fried Cucumber with Purple Perilla
- 1Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, and then, with knife at angle, cut each half into slanted, almost semicircular slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Heat wok over high flame, add peanut oil and swirl around. Add cucumber, fry for a few minutes until slices are tinged a little golden. Spread slices out so they cover as much as possible of wok, turning occasionally.
- 3Add chili and garlic, stir fry until fragrant, adding soy sauce as you go along. Splash vinegar around side of wok and mix well. Add perilla, stir a few times. Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil, serve.