Fried Cabbage My Way
Now he loves it! I have added the onion & bacon bits over the years for extra flavor.
- green cabbage
- bacon drippings, or butter/olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- real bacon bits,(optional)
- 1/2 medium onion,diced
How to Make Fried Cabbage My Way
- 1Cut cabbage off core & slice in 1/4 in slices.
- 2Put 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of drippings into a large skillet on medium high heat. Add cut cabbage, separating as you add.
- 3Add diced onion & seasonings.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until you start to see some browning. Reduce heat to medium low. Add bacon bits now if desired. Cover & continue cooking until desired doneness. ( We like it with some crunch to it.)