Fresh Fried Beets W/Balsamic Drizzle
I bought some beets the other day, as I love their earthiness and how they taste when fried...Gram used to fry them, but all by themselves. I wanted to add some subtle flavor to them, without taking away their natural flavor and this is what I came up with...let me tell you they were awesome! Needless to say, I didn't share...LOL!
If you love beets, you should give them a try.
- 5 - 6 medium
- beets - boiled or roasted - skin removed - sliced about 1/4 thick
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- bacon fat - if you don't have any stored, fry off a few pieces of bacon
- 1 small
- red onion- thin sliced
- salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 - 2 clove
- garlic - minced
- vinegar - good quality
How to Make Fresh Fried Beets W/Balsamic Drizzle
- 2Add the sliced beets, not overlapping, as you want them all to get a browning. Add desired kosher salt and pepper. Cook on one side for about 4 - 5 minutes, then turn and brown the other side. ( I just moved the onions and garlic to one side of pan, and occasionally stir so didn't burn on bottom, could remove if you want, while beets are browning.)
- 3Once beets are browned mix with the onions and garlic - Plate, and sprinkle with a little more salt & pepper - drizzle with desired amount of balsamic and enjoy!
I may have used 1 tsp of balsamic, not a lot, as I didn't want it to take over the flavor of the beets...I love the beets made this way...I hope you do as well...