Eggplant Vege Casserole
Gia Peterkin Trower
and I did use a tablespoon of the Cumin and love the flavor. The Tamari gave it a nice flavor too. This makes a nice side dish and its healthy and low calorie". So here it is.
1 largepurple eggplant
1 largegreen pepper cut up
1 largered or orange pepper
2 clovegarlic chopped
1 mediumyellow squash
2 or 3plum tomatoes
1 largeyellow potato sliced thin
1-2 Tbsptamari low sodium
·salt and pepper
·olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Eggplant Vege Casserole
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.Lightly grease a 9x12 casserole dish with olive oil. .
- Cut off ends of eggplant, and cut in half. Slice the halves lengthwise and then across about 1/2" cubes.
- Chop the remaining ingredients (peppers garlic, squash, tomatoes (not too thin), potato, garlic and onion. Place is a large bowl. Add salt and pepper, cumin and tamari and mix well.
- Pour the vegetables in the dish and spread out.
- Cook on high 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn vegetables over and lower oven to 400 and cook an additional 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender