Edamame, Corn and Tomato Salad
I adapted it to suit my taste from a recipe I found in Meals in Minutes Easy Vegetarian Cookbook.
Note: cooking method also includes a microwave
2 cedamame, cooked and cooled
3roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (or use cherry tomatoes that have been halved if you prefer)
1-2 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped (or cilantro if you prefer)
2 Tbsplime juice
1 Tbspcanola or vegetable oil
1 Tbspsugar - more or less to your taste (or none at all)
How to Make Edamame, Corn and Tomato Salad
- Microwave corn, 2 ears at a time, for about 3 1/2 minutes. Remove husks and silk and cool. Cut kernels from the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Cook edamame according to package directions. Rinse with cold water until cool. Drain. Add to the corn.
- DRESSING: While corn and edamame are cooking, mix together lime juice, oil, salt, pepper and sugar (optional) in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake to mix and set aside.
- Add tomato, avocado and parsley to corn and edamame.
- Shake up dressing again and add to the salad. Gently mix. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: If you want to make this ahead of time, prep the corn, edamame, tomato and parsley. Make up the dressing, but do not add it to the salad. Just before serving, dice the avocado and add it and the dressing to the salad.