Creamy Cucumbers Overs Mashed Potatoes
- 4-5 medium
- size cucumbers
- to sprinkle over the cucumbers
- 1-1/2 cups
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup
- 5% white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- black pepper
- already prepared 'hot' mashed potatoes
How to Make Creamy Cucumbers Overs Mashed Potatoes
- 1Peel and (thinly slice) each cucumber into a colander. And between each layer of cucumber, peeled and sliced, sprinkle with a bit of salt over each. (I normally set my colander inside a larger bowl, to allow the liquid from the cucumbers, to drain into the larger bowl.)
- 2Let cucumbers sit in the colander for 1-3 hours. Then transfer the cucumbers into another bowl. (Discard the remaining liquid that has drained into the larger bowl.)
- 3Now add the cream and vinegar to the cucumbers, and gently stir the cucumbers.
- 4Add the salt and pepper, and once again, gently stir the cucumbers.
- 5Cover the cucumbers, and place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 6Serve the creamy cucumbers over the 'hot' mashed potatoes. (For each serving: Just place desired amount of mashed potatoes onto your plate, and top with desired amount of the creamy cucumbers.)
- 7Note: Before I top my potatoes with the cucumbers and cream, I first top my taters with a bit of butter, and let it melt into the potatoes just a bit. I just enjoy mine served this way!