Collard Greens with Sweet Potato Fries
1 lbcollard greens
21 ozsweet potato
2 Tbspolive oil
3 ozbacon bits
2 tspsmoked paprika
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1/2 tspcumin seeds
·salt, to taste
How to Make Collard Greens with Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Cut the sweet potato into 1/2 inch sticks, the size of french fries.
- Put the fries into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well.
- Spread the fries onto a baking tray with baking parchment paper and put into the oven. bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- While the fries are baking, chop up the greens, heat the butter in a skillet large enough to hold all the greens.
- Add bacon bits to the butter, fry until they start to become crisp, then add the greens. Stir fry for some minutes, then add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, stir well again and add broth.
- Cook until greens are done, add salt if necessary, and serve with the sweet potato fries.