Collard Greens with Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 lb
- collard greens
- 21 oz
- sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 oz
- bacon bits
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- smoked paprika
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds
- salt, to taste
How to Make Collard Greens with Sweet Potato Fries
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- 2Cut the sweet potato into 1/2 inch sticks, the size of french fries.
- 3Put the fries into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well.
- 4Spread the fries onto a baking tray with baking parchment paper and put into the oven. bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- 5While the fries are baking, chop up the greens, heat the butter in a skillet large enough to hold all the greens.
- 6Add bacon bits to the butter, fry until they start to become crisp, then add the greens. Stir fry for some minutes, then add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, stir well again and add broth.
- 7Cook until greens are done, add salt if necessary, and serve with the sweet potato fries.