CHEESY SQUASH CASSEROLE
2 cgrated yellow squash
3/4 lbvelveeta cheese
1 Tbspdried minced onion
1/4 lbbutter, melted
12ritz crackers, crumbled
1/2 to 1 cgrated cheddar cheese
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 tspblack pepper
3/4 tspitalian seasoning
1/3 tspgarlic powder
How to Make CHEESY SQUASH CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Cut cheese into half-inch cubes and melt. I use my microwave for melting - 30 seconds on high, then stir. Repeat until melted throughout.
- Add melted cheese to grated squash and mix well.
- Add dried onion flakes, melted butter, cracker crumbs, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Season to taste with remaining ingredients, except grated Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 1/2 to 1 cup grated Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
Serve warm, or allow to cool and cut into squares to serve.