Cheesy Spinach Rice Casserole
How to Make Cheesy Spinach Rice Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Place frozen spinach in a 7 or 8 cup microwave/oven safe dish. Microwave for 6 minutes stirring 1/2 way through.
- 3Drain excess liquid from spinach but don't squeeze it
- 4Saute onions in the butter until tender
- 5Add flour to the pan and cook for a few minutes
- 6Add the 1/2 and 1/2 and stir until smooth. Cook until thickened. It should be fairly stiff, there is some moisture in the spinach that will thin it a little.
- 7Add salt and pepper and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Stir until melted.
- 8Add spinach and rice and mix well. Heat through.
- 9Pour into the oven safe dish you microwaved the spinach in.
- 10Top with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes. Cheese should be melted and slightly browned and the casserole should be bubbly.