Cheesy Smashed Cauliflower
Source: Tupelo Honey Cafe's website tupelohoneycafe.com/cheesy-smashed-c...
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
ROASTED GARLIC PUREE
1 colive oil
CHEESY SMASHED CAULIFLOWER
2 largeheads cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
4 ozcream cheese
1 1/4 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 oz. cheese)
2 tsproasted garlic puree
1/4 tspsea salt
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/8 tspfreshly ground white pepper
2 tspunsalted butter
How to Make Cheesy Smashed Cauliflower
- For the Roasted Garlic Puree:
Simmer 14 garlic cloves over medium heat in 1 cup olive oil in a saucepan for about 20 minutes, or until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Strain the oil, reserving the garlic, and use the oil for sautés, salad dressings, and marinades.
- Puree the garlic cloves in a food processor until it forms a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Place oil in a mason jar and refrigerate.
- For the Cheesy Smashed Cauliflower:
Steam the cauliflower for 10 to 12 minutes, until just tender.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- In another large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic puree, salt, black pepper, white pepper, and butter.
- Pour the hot mashed cauliflower on top of the cheese mixture and combine, using a large spoon, until the cheeses are thoroughly melted.
- Serve immediately.