Butternut Hashbrowns My Way
- butternut squash - peeled and julienne
- olive oil
- or bacon grease ( what i use) - more as needed
- onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- maple syrup or brown sugar or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slice
- crisp bacon crumbled - optional - i didn't use this time
How to Make Butternut Hashbrowns My Way
- 2In a large skillet -Pour enough oil or bacon grease into skillet to coat the bottom of the pan. Heat oil to hot but not smoking. Add the onions, and cook roughly 3 minutes, stirring occasional.
Now, add the squash tossing a time or two and allow to cook for a couple of minutes or until the bottom starts to brown. Continue cooking until cooked through and somewhat caramelized.