- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- 2 tsp
- 10 oz
- fresh or frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup (or any cream of soup you like)
- 1/2 can(s)
- milk (use the soup can and measure 1/2)
- 1 c
- shredded cheese (cheddar or velveeta work well)
- 2 c
- cooked,cooled rice
- 1/4 c
- italian bread crumbs ( or any crumb topping you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Broccoli Rice
- 1Cook your rice and allow to cool off. I like to cook it with chicken broth, instead of water for added flavor.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- 3In a deep sided frying pan or a large pot, saute onion and garlic in oil until translucent. Add the cream of soup, milk and cheese and over low heat, combine until the cheese has melted.
- 4And the broccoli and rice. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Pour into your prepared baking dish.
Top with Italian bread crumbs (or any crumbs you like)
- 5Bake 25-30 minutes.
Can be made the night before and baked the next day.