Beets My Heart
Did I mention that they are vitamin-packed too?
2 lbbeets, peeled and diced
1 lbturnips, peeled and diced
1/2 lbparsnips, peeled and diced
2 Tbspolive oil
1 tspsea salt
1 tspfreshly grund black pepper
1 cheavy cream
How to Make Beets My Heart
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss beets, turnips, and parsnips in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables in a shallow baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a heavy saucepan and add the cream.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the mixture for about 15 minutes, or until the cream is reduced by half.
- Puree the mixture, while still hot, in batches, in a food processor until smooth.
- Add additional cream 1 tablespoon at a time, if the mixture is too thick.
- Serve immediately.