How to Make Baked Zucchini With Tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Core, seed and chop pepper.
- 3Peel and finely chop onion.
- 4Trim ends off the zucchini and remove the stem end from the tomatoes.
- 5Cut both zucchini and tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices and arrange them in a buttered 1-or 1 1/2-quart baking dish with their edges overlapping slightly, alternating the tomato with zucchini.
- 6Scatter the green pepper, onion, salt, and pepper over the slices.
- 7Drizzle the oil evenly over the vegetables.
- 8Place the dish in the oven and bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes, or until the squash is crisp-tender.
- 9You can substitute yellow squash. This dish can be prepared ahead and baked just before serving.