Baked Onion Rings
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are some really good onion rings! In my opinion, they are better than I have had in most restaurants recently. I love that these are baked, not fried. I'm always looking for ways to eat a little healthier! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Baked Onion Rings
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Separate onion slices into individual rings.
- 3Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Place panko crumbs into a separate bowl.
- 4Place onion rings into a large resealable plastic bag. Add flour, salt, and black pepper; seal bag and shake until rings are well coated with flour.
- 5Drop flour-coated onion rings into egg/milk mixture, a few at a time, and toss lightly with tongs until coated. Place rings into panko crumbs and gently shake the bowl to toss the crumbs with the onion rings until rings are coated with crumbs.
- 6Transfer coated onion rings to a large baking sheet; spray rings lightly with cooking spray.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven until onion rings are tender and crumbs are lightly golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.