Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
1 bunchfresh asparagus
1 ptchicken stock
8 sliceblack peppered bacon
·tony chachere's seasoning mix
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the top portion of a broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add chicken stock, some salt, and a little garlic powder to a saute pan. Place on stove top on medium heat. Bring to light boil.
- Wash asparagus. and while rubber bands are still on, cut off the bottom couple of inches of the stalks because they can be tough and difficult to eat. Remove the rubber bands.
- When stalk is lightly boiling, drop the stalks in, all facing the same direction. Reduce heat to simmer the asparagus for about 5 - 7 minutes. If the asparagus starts to lose too much green color, take them out.
- While asparagus cooks, in a large baking dish or bowl, combine the canola oil and seasonings.
- Transfer stalks from pan to dish with flavored oil. Toss stalks to thoroughly coat each one. Allow asparagus to cool in the oil for at least 5 minutes. (Save stock for other uses)
- Divide the stalks evenly. Take a strip of bacon and wrap it around a bundle about three times. Tuck the ends in so the bacon doesn't unfurl while cooking.
- Arrange bundles on broiler pan with some space between each one. Place in the oven and cook 15 - 20 minutes or until bacon is cooked on top. Allow to cool no more than 5 minutes. They get cold fast.