Bacon Corn Casserole
How to Make Bacon Corn Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2In a skillet, cook bacon, crumble, and set aside.
- 3Cook onion in butter till transparent, in a large 3-quart saucepan.
- 4In the same pan, blend in the flour and salt.
- 5Add the sour cream gradually; keeping texture smooth.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil, then add the frozen corn and parsley.
- 7Reduce the heat, and cook till corn is heated through, then fold in half of the bacon.
- 8Pour bacon/corn mixture into a greased 1 quart baking dish.
- 9Garnish casserole with the remaining bacon.
- 10Bake in oven (uncovered) for 30 minutes, then serve immediately.
- 11*Note: For this recipe, I used thick-sliced bacon, and the brand of frozen corn I used, was Birds Eye Freshlike Cut Golden Corn, as it's a sweet tasting corn. (And yes, I used exactly 18 ounces of the frozen corn in this recipe!)