Asparagus with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 1/2 medium
- red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped or sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp
- *green peppercorns in brine, drained and coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh asparagus spears
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Asparagus with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 1SAUCE: Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream. Add salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate for about 1 hour, if possible, to allow flavors to develop (may be prepared up to 24 hours ahead; bring to room temperature to serve).
*I added a teaspoon of the green peppercorn brine to the sauce and used slightly less white wine vinegar to compensate.
- 2Prepare the asparagus: You can roast, grill/pan grill, gently steam or lightly sautè the asparagus.
- 3Arrange the cooked asparagus on a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the vegetables. Place the roasted red bell pepper chunks/strips on the sauce followed by the chopped green peppercorns. Finish with a light sprinkle of cracked black pepper and serve.