Any Way You Like Fried Cabbage
1 lbbacon, diced
1medium onion, chopped
2 lbcabbage, chopped
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1/2 tspcourse grind black pepper
1 or 2medium potatoes, cubed or sliced (optional)
1 or 2apples, cored and sliced (optional)
·any amount of (preferably frozen) corn, green beans, or baby lima beans, etc. if using canned, drain well. (optional)
How to Make Any Way You Like Fried Cabbage
- Fry bacon until crisp and well browned. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Drain all but about 2 Tblsps. bacon grease from the pan. Add chopped onion and stir until translucent.
- Add cabbage, pepper flakes, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir until all cabbage is coated.
- Cook over low heat just until cabbage is cooked down and potatoes, apples, other vegetables, etc. (if using) are tender. Remove lid and continue cooking to boil away excess liquid.
- Add bacon and toss just before serving.