9 tips to cut an Onion without Tears
How to Make 9 tips to cut an Onion without Tears
- 1Freeze the onion 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Or you can refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting.
- 2wear those swimming goggles! Most fool proof way to avoid those tears.
- 3Light a candle near by. The flame will take away some of the fumes that cause tears.
- 4Stick a piece of bread in your mouth. The fumes that cause tears will be absorbed in the bread.
- 5Cut the onion under water or under running water
- 6Use a very sharp knife which can make a sharp clean cut as apposed to crushing the onion.
- 7Have the fan blowing, this helps blow away the fumes.
- 8Rub lemon juice on the knife blade before cutting the onion and do it several more times with each cut.
- 9Leave the root on the onion. Cut rest of the onion before you cut off the root. As the tear causing fumes are inside the root.