Yellow Squash Casserole
- tbsp. butter, divided
- medium to large yellow squash
- medium carrots, grated
- large onion, diced
- cup sour cream
- can cream of chicken soup
- 6 oz. boxes chicken stove top stuffing mix
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
How to Make Yellow Squash Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Wash and slice squash into 1/4 inch slices. Saute squash, carrots and onions in 6 Tbsp. of butter. Liberally salt while cooking and sprinkle a fine layer of garlic powder about 3 times while turning veggies over in skillet. Mix together sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Prepare stuffing according to instructions on box and let sit while squash is cooking.
- 2When squash reach your desired texture, drain all liquid out of skillet and stir in the soup/sour cream mixture. Mix well.
- 3Spread a layer of stuffing on the bottom of a greased casserole dish or 13x9 baking pan. Spread squash mixture over stuffing layer and then finish with stuffing on top of it all. Bake for 25 minutes.