Serendipity Summer Squash Casserole
3 lbyellow squash
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 tspblack pepper
4 Tbspbutter or margarine (1/2 stick)
1 to 1-1/2 cbread crumbs
How to Make Serendipity Summer Squash Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut up squash and boil until tender. Drain thoroughly, then mash.
- Combine all ingredients except butter and bread crumbs.
- Place in a casserole or souffle dish (approx. 2-1/2 qt).
- Melt butter and drizzle over squash. Sprinkle with enough bread crumbs to cover top.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour or until slightly brown on top.