Summer Squash Casserole
8 csummer squash sliced
1/4 cminced onion
35 - 45ritz crackers (crushed)
1 to 2 csharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/4 to 1/2 cbutter (melted)
1 tspgarlic powder
·ground pepper (to taste)
How to Make Summer Squash Casserole
- Saute onion in olive oil, medium heat, for 5 minutes. Add sliced squash and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes depending on how soft you like it.
- Mix crackers, cheese, egg, milk, butter and seasonings together in large bowl. Stir in the cooked squash.
- Spray dish (I used a glass casserole) with cooking spray and dump the squash mixture in, spreading it evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees until nicely browned, about 25 minutes.
- You can add other spices or seasoning - parsley flakes, oregano, etc. to add your favorite flavor. You can't mess it up - a pretty basic recipe. Less or more cheese, more buttered cracker crumbs on the top, etc.