Robin's Cornbread Casserole
- 1 box
- jiffy corn bread mix (and all its ingredients for preparing)
- 1 medium
- onion, yellow
- 1 Tbsp
- oil or margarine
- 6 oz
- ham or ham product (like spam or treet)
- 4 oz
- colby jack cheese
How to Make Robin's Cornbread Casserole
- 1Preheat oven at 400 F./200 C.
- 2Slice or chop onions thinly, then place in the iron/oven safe 10" skillet with a tbls. of oil or margarine. Start to caramelizing onions with a dash of salt and pepper on medium heat, stirring often.
- 3While onions are caramelizing, cube up your ham and cheese, and mix up the cornbread mix, following box directions. Set all aside. (let corn bread mix set for at least 3-4 minutes.)
- 4Once onions are fully caramelized remove from skillet, add ham to skillet and saute' until it becomes golden brown on at least one side.
- 5Once ham is browned, remove from heat and add onions back to pan. Pour cornbread mix over ham and onion and mix them all together in the pan.
- 6Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese oven the top and return to oven. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve immediately.