Robin's Cornbread Casserole
1 boxjiffy corn bread mix (and all its ingredients for preparing)
1 mediumonion, yellow
1 Tbspoil or margarine
6 ozham or ham product (like spam or treet)
4 ozcolby jack cheese
How to Make Robin's Cornbread Casserole
- Preheat oven at 400 F./200 C.
- Slice or chop onions thinly, then place in the iron/oven safe 10" skillet with a tbls. of oil or margarine. Start to caramelizing onions with a dash of salt and pepper on medium heat, stirring often.
- While onions are caramelizing, cube up your ham and cheese, and mix up the cornbread mix, following box directions. Set all aside. (let corn bread mix set for at least 3-4 minutes.)
- Once onions are fully caramelized remove from skillet, add ham to skillet and saute' until it becomes golden brown on at least one side.
- Once ham is browned, remove from heat and add onions back to pan. Pour cornbread mix over ham and onion and mix them all together in the pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese oven the top and return to oven. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve immediately.