1 1/2 ccoarse cracker crumbs
8 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
1 ptoysters, fresh, cut in halve
·dash of nutmeg
1/2 tspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
1/3 coyster liquor
2 1/2 Tbspmilk
How to Make Oyster Casserole
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and melted butter. Put a thin layer in bottom of a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Alternate layers of oysters and crumb mixture. Sprinkle each layer with seasonings...never have more than 2 layers of oysters. End with cracker layer.
- In a small dish, combine oyster liquid, Worcestershire sauce, and milk. Pour this liquid mixture over the layers.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: Depending on who will eat this, I often like to add a little of dried onion flakes. Just a personal choice.