Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed, and snapped or cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
How to Make Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- 1Cook green beans on top of stove with a pinch of salt in a little water until just tender; drain and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- 3Mix rice flour, basil and onion salt in small bowl; set aside.
- 4Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 5Stir in rice flour mixture. Add almond milk and soy sauce; stir constantly and cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add cooked green beans; toss gently to coat.
- 6Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with almonds.
- 7Bake 25 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Careful not to let the almonds get too brown. This can make them taste bitter.