☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- 3 - 15 oz can(s)
- white hominy, drained
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded white cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c
- crushed saltine or butter cracker crumbs or coarse breadcrumbs
How to Make Creamy Hominy Casserole
- 1Heat the oven to 375. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- 2Cook the onions in the 1/4 cup butter over medium heat until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- 3Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute. Stir in the milk, bring to a boil, and cook stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 4Stir in the hominy and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the crumbs and dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.