Cherry Tomato Pie
2/3 cfinely shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 cfinely chopped onion
4 ccherry (or grape) tomatoes
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cfresh basil, finely chopped
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
8 ozcream cheese
1egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 tspfinely grated lemon peel
How to Make Cherry Tomato Pie
- Preheat oven to 400
Cook bacon til done, but not crisp (Reserve 2 TBS. grease)
- Roll out pie dough. Place 1 in pan as usual. Cut the second to the size of the bottom of the pan and place that on top of the first crust (keeps bottom from becoming soggy). Dish should be at least 2" deep.
- Prick bottom of pastry. Line with foil; bake 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove and reduce heat to 375. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the pie crust. Place bacon against the side of the crust. Cut remaining bacon into small pieces and add to tomato mixture.
- Cook onion in reserved bacon drippings til tender. Drain and set aside.
- Halve 2 cups of tomatoes. Place halved and whole tomatoes in large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, 2 TBS basil, salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- In a separat bowl beat together cream cheese, mayo, egg yolk, cooked onion, lemon peel, remaining Parmesan, basil and pepper.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into pie crust. Top with tomato mixture. Gently press tomatoes into cream cheese.