Bacon Potatoes Au Gratin
1/2 lbthick bacon, cooked & chopped
4 mediumbaking potatoes
1 1/2 cheavy whipping cream
1/2 cwhole milk
2 Tbspall purpous flour
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/3 mediumyellow onion
2 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 tspseasoned salt or seasonall
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 csharp chedder cheese
2 Tbspgreen onions, chopped (optional)
1/2 tsppaprika (optional)
How to Make Bacon Potatoes Au Gratin
- Scrub and clean the potatoes. Slice into 1/4 inch slices. Quarter each slice into 4 pieces. Cover with 1 inch of water in a medium bowl. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Smear sofened butter all over the bottom of 13 by 9 baking dish.
- In a med. size skillett, add 2 TBLS. butter and satee the chopped onion on med./low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. (stirring occasionally) Set aside to cool.
After onion is cooled, dip with a slotted spoon and drain into a seperate bowl with a paper towel in the bottom. Set aside.
- In a serparate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, seasoned salt, and black pepper.
- Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Pour 1/3 of heavy cream mixture evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle 1/3 of the chopped yellow onion across the pan. Repeat this process two more times.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 20 more minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling.
- Add grated sharp cheese to the top of the potatoes evenly and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes. The cheese should be melted and bubbly.
- Add the chopped green onions and paprika if desired. Serve