TerriO's Fried Rice
I liked the addition of avocado, lime juice and cilantro this time! Cant wait for lunch!
- 6 c
- cooked brown rice
- 1/2 bag(s)
- frozen green veggie
- left over cubed meat
- red onion-chopped
- coconut oil
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- green onion for garnish
How to Make TerriO's Fried Rice
- 1Make a big pot of brown rice following packaging directions. I make it a day or two before so the grains are nice and separate for frying. I used about 6 cups in this recipe but you can use more or less.
- 2Heat up some coconut oil in a frying pan. When melted add the chopped onion and garlic and fry for a bit until fragrant.
- 3Dump in the cooked rice and stir to coat all the grains with the oil.
- 4Now add your left over meat. I usually use pork roast but you can use anything you like.
- 5When the meat is heated through add the vegetables. I used broccoli this time but my favorite is peas. If you want to use fresh veggies, probably cook them first or stir fry with the onion in the first step.
- 6Push everything in the skillet to the edges so you have an open space in the middle of the pan. Add a little more coconut oil if there is no liquid flowing in to the center.
- 7Pour in the beaten eggs and after they are somewhat set, break them up and stir into the rice. Once again push all to the edges. (maybe a little more oil again)
- 8Put the sesame seeds and cumin in the center and fry again until toasted. Add a splash of lime juice and some soy sauce. Incorporate everything together once again. Taste to make sure there is enough soy sauce flavor.
- 9Stir in avocado and top with green onions and cilantro for garnish if desired.