Linda Mc Abee10
My Mom always put green peppers in hers however my family doesn't like them so I leave them out.
How to Make Spanish rice
- 1Render bacon and crumble, place on paper to drain.. I.e. Brown bag, or paper towel. ( I like to cut bacon into pieces before cooking)
- 2Remove bacon grease from pan and add butter, onions and celery. Cook to almost translucent ( it will finish cooking in next few steps)
- 3Add rice and stir over med heat until brown.
- 4Slowly add water, diced tomatoes and sauce. Bring to a good boil , than turn down heat to low. Let simmer for 15-20 until rice is done.
- 5Take 1/2 of the crumbled bacon and stir into rice
- 6Add rice mixture to serving dish and top with remaining bacon.
About Spanish rice
You May Also Like:
Show 4 Comments & Reviews