Linda Mc Abee
How to Make Spanish rice
- Render bacon and crumble, place on paper to drain.. I.e. Brown bag, or paper towel. ( I like to cut bacon into pieces before cooking)
- Remove bacon grease from pan and add butter, onions and celery. Cook to almost translucent ( it will finish cooking in next few steps)
- Add rice and stir over med heat until brown.
- Slowly add water, diced tomatoes and sauce. Bring to a good boil , than turn down heat to low. Let simmer for 15-20 until rice is done.
- Take 1/2 of the crumbled bacon and stir into rice
- Add rice mixture to serving dish and top with remaining bacon.