Rosy Red Risotto
For some risotto can be a bit intimidating. It is really an easy dish to make. Just takes a little time and attention, but it is so worth it.
- 1/2-3/4 c
- beets, about 1/2 of a can of beets (15.5 oz) plain - not pickled, drain and reserve liquid, small diced
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- white wine (optional)
- 1 c
- arborio rice
- 4 1/2 c
- hot stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Rosy Red Risotto
- 2Heat oil in a heavy 2 quart pot. Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- 3Add rice and stir until grains are coated with oil.
- 4Add wine (Optional - or use stock if you prefer) and stir constantly on medium heat until wine is absorbed.
- 6Remove from heat. Add butter and stir vigorously until butter is melted and risotto is creamy.
- 7Gently stir in the diced beets and serve.