Rosy Red Risotto
For some risotto can be a bit intimidating. It is really an easy dish to make. Just takes a little time and attention, but it is so worth it.
1/2-3/4 cbeets, about 1/2 of a can of beets (15.5 oz) plain - not pickled, drain and reserve liquid, small diced
1 mediumonion, diced
1-2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cwhite wine (optional)
1 carborio rice
4 1/2 chot stock, chicken or vegetable
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Rosy Red Risotto
- Heat oil in a heavy 2 quart pot. Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated with oil.
- Add wine (Optional - or use stock if you prefer) and stir constantly on medium heat until wine is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and stir vigorously until butter is melted and risotto is creamy.
- Gently stir in the diced beets and serve.