☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 1/2 c
- 2 c
- rice, short grain
- 2 c
- sour cream, lite
- 1/2 lb
- monterey jack cheese
- 7 oz
- green chiles, diced (small can)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margerine, (i use smart balance)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
How to Make Rice Casserole
- 1In a medium saucepan bring the water to a boil and add the rice. Simmer until the water is all absorbed. About 20-25 minutes. Allow this to cool.
- 2While the rice is cooking, grease the bottom and the sides (lightly) of a 1 1/2quart casserole baking dish. I would say an 11 x 9 baking dish. Set aside.
- 3After rice has cooled, mix together the cooked rice, salt and sour cream.
- 4Spread 1/2 of this mixture evenly in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- 5Evenly distribute the Shredded Jack Cheese and diced chilies across the rice.
- 6Cover that layer evenly with the remaining rice mixture.
- 7Dot the top with butter and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese across the top. If you like, you may add some more Jack cheese for topping.
- 8Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for approx. 30 minutes.