☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 cwater
2 crice, short grain
2 csour cream, lite
1/2 lbmonterey jack cheese
7 ozgreen chiles, diced (small can)
3 Tbspbutter or margerine, (i use smart balance)
1/4 cparmesan cheese (freshly grated)
How to Make Rice Casserole
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to a boil and add the rice. Simmer until the water is all absorbed. About 20-25 minutes. Allow this to cool.
- While the rice is cooking, grease the bottom and the sides (lightly) of a 1 1/2quart casserole baking dish. I would say an 11 x 9 baking dish. Set aside.
- After rice has cooled, mix together the cooked rice, salt and sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 of this mixture evenly in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- Evenly distribute the Shredded Jack Cheese and diced chilies across the rice.
- Cover that layer evenly with the remaining rice mixture.
- Dot the top with butter and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese across the top. If you like, you may add some more Jack cheese for topping.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for approx. 30 minutes.