- 1 c
- arborio rice
- 1 c
- pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, plus ( 1 tbsp, for the end process)
- 1/2 small
- white onion, diced
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine ( pinot grigio) optional
- 3 c
- low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 c
- fresh grated parmesan or romano cheese
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
How to Make Pumpkin Risotto
- 2Heat the chicken broth in a medium pan, and keep it simmering until needed.
- 3In medium – large heavy pan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter, once butter has melted, then add onions and garlic. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent/tender.
- 4Add rice, mixing it well to coat it about 1 – 2 minutes. Continue stirring rice until glossy and onions and garlic start to brown.
- 5Add white wine, raise the heat slightly and cook until the wine evaporates. Then add one ladleful of hot broth, once the rice absorbed the broth then add again. Continue to stir constantly, and then add pumpkin puree and more broth.
- 6Stirring the rice with a wooden spoon to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Add a little more broth, and stir until rice dries out again, continue stirring and adding liquid a little at a time. After about 20 minutes of cooking time taste rice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Continue cooking, stirring and adding the liquid until the rice is aldente or tender but still firm to the bite.
- 8The cooking process will take about 20 – 35 minutes, but be patient “good things come to those who wait”. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp. of butter and add cheese, blend well. Taste again for seasoning. Allow the risotto to rest for about 2 – 3 minutes before serving. Then garnish with fresh herbs and serve.