☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cfresh pumpkin peeled and diced
1 largevidalia onion chopped
1 1/2 cdry riesling divided
1 Tbsppumpkin pie spice
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1 tspeach salt and white pepper
7 cvegetable or chicken stock
1 1/2 carborio rice
1/2 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving.
How to Make Pumpkin Risotto
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the pumpkin and half of the onions. Cook over moderately high heat stirring frequently until the pumpkin is tender. About 7 minutes.
- Stir in half the wine, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, salt and white pepper. Cook until most the liquid is evaporated. About 12 minutes.Remove from heat and puree in food processor. Set aside.
- Place vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan add the butter and bring it to a sizzle. Add the onions and rice and cook until the onions are translucent about 5 minutes. Add the remaining wine and let most evaporate. Start add stock one ladle at a time stirring often add a ladle of stock when the previous stock has been absorbed.
- After about 4 ladles add the pumpkin puree. Continue the process of adding the stock ladle by ladle until the rice becomes al dente.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and season to taste.