☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkginstant rice: brown & wild rice medley (or your favorite rice)
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery's good too)
1 cpeppers and onions, sliced thin or diced (or frozen seasoning blend)
4-6 slicebacon, cooked
2mild italian sausage links, cooked through & diced
How to Make Parson's Rice
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray an oven-safe dish at least 7"x9" with cooking spray. Dump in the dry rice. PS: a 9x13 is safer, if you're clumsy like I am when handling 'soupy' things...:)...more room to slosh around before jumping overboard.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soup, water, peppers, and onions. Mix well.
- Pour the soup mix over the dry rice. Lightly stir.
- Crumble the crispy bacon over the top of the dish. You can even sprinkle on a little shredded Parmesan cheese at this point, if you like
- Slide the dish into a hot oven and cook until the rice is tender (about 45 mins..ovens vary) and most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve hot, or cool into portions and freeze for later.
- To reheat frozen portions, in the oven add a few TABLESPOONS of water to the frozen rice, and bake at 400 until heated through...in the microwave, add a few TEASPOONS of water and nuke in a micro-safe lidded dish until hot. Stir & serve :)