2 cminute rice
1 mediumtomato, chopped
1/2 smallonion, chopped
1 (4.5 oz. can(s)chopped green chilies
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/8 tspsalt (or to taste)
How to Make Mexican Rice
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet. Add onion, garlic and chilies.
- Saute onion, garlic and chilies 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and saute 3 more minutes. Set aside.
- Brown the uncooked rice in 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Add water, onion mixture and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until rice is done, about 5 minutes.
- Stir to mix.