How to Cook Brown Rice
I normally do not add salt to rice,you can if you like. Also I did not add butter oil as I was serving it with red beans that was highly seasoned.I usually cook brown rice in chicken broth but this time I used water,I'm sure you can cook the rice in this way using broth,I will next time.
How to Make How to Cook Brown Rice
- 11. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. The exact amount of water does not matter as you will be cooking this just like pasta.
2. Wash your rice thoroughly and add it to the pot. Do not overcrowd the pot. You want room for the rice to cook.
3. Stir the rice just like you would do with pasta and let it cook. The water will start boiling again and the rice needs no further attention.
4. About twenty minutes into the cooking take some rice out of the pot and taste a grain to see if it is cooked through. If it needs a little more time check it within a minute or two. Do not overcook your rice.
5. Drain the cooked rice.
6. Fluff the rice and serve. You can add some olive oil or butter to it if you like at this point but it will not be necessary. Enjoy.