Grilled Bell Pepper Fried Rice
- 4 to 5
- small red and yellow bell peppers, washed
- green bell pepper, washed
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- small onion, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- large clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- basmati rice, sorted and washed in 3 to 4 changes of water
- 1 Tbsp
- ground coriander
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped fresh cilantro, including soft stems
- 2 1/3 c
- 3/4 tsp
- salt, or to taste
Peel off only the highly charred skin.
Strain and save any juices that may have accumulated in the bowl.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and cook until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish, fluff with a fork, garnish with the scallion greens, and serve.