- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice, white or brown
- 2 cups chicken broth (beef or vegetable)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Garlic Rice
- 1In a stock pot over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until tender.
- 2Add the rice, broth, thyme, and salt and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- 3Turn the heat to low and cover; simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the parsley. Serve.