Easy Fried Rice
How to Make Easy Fried Rice
- gather all ingredients. You may substitute olive oil for sesame or peanut oil which is supposed to give it more of an authentic Chinese Food taste. You can also substitute some or all of the sauce for Soy Sauce. I also have a recipe for home made teriyaki inspired sauce which I used half and half with soy sauce, doing this made a sweeter tasting dish. If you want the salty flavors you should use all soy sauce.
- in large skillet or wok heat oil in pan. Add onions and stir them around for a few seconds. Add thawed peas and mushrooms and mix together. Move to one side of the pan.
- you need to move rather quickly at this point but not so much to panic. Break both eggs in the opposite side of the pan from the vegetables. Break the yolks and beat them together.
- Quickly add your cooked rice and stir everything together. Make sure to break up any clumps of rice that tends to happen when you cook then cool rice.
- add your sauce and stir together. This recipe is really a matter of how you like it, add more or less sauce depending on your taste.
- once you make sure everything is mixed together just heat through to let the flavors mix together and you are ready to eat. This step should take less than 5 minutes but if you are waiting on another dish to get done, turn it on low and add just a little extra liquid and you can let it simmer for a few minutes.
- you can easily add other vegetables or meats to this recipe to change it up. Just make sure that you have them done pretty much to your desired state before you add the eggs and rice.