Dinner for Two from The Wild
1whole venison tenderloin, cut into fingerling strips
1 Tbspwhite pepper
4 Tbspolive oil, light
2 clovegarlic, crushed
3 ozunsalted butter
1 smallonion, finely chopped
1 mediumdill pickle , finely chopped
1/2 dash(es)dry white wine
4 cwild rice, uncooked in chicken stock to package directions
How to Make Dinner for Two from The Wild
- Mix the flour, salt and white pepper in a small shallow baking dish. Dredge the venison tenderloin strips in the flour mixture and set aside.
- in a large cast iron skillet big enough to accommodate the strips without crowing. Add the oil and heat on high heat then add the crushed garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and discard. Add the venison strips, searing on all sides for about 30 seconds to seal the juices. Remove the strips and reduce heat the heat to medium.
- Add the butter, onion, dill pickle and white wine. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Add the strips back into the pan and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve over a bed of wild rice.