Delicious Chicken Chimichangas
3 ccooked and shredded white chicken meat
2 can(s)rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 mediumonion sliced
1 Tbspbutter for frying onion
10 mediumtortillas, flour
3 coil for frying
How to Make Delicious Chicken Chimichangas
- Bake the chicken in the oven of boil. I bake it then let it cool and debone.
- Slice onions and fry in a pan with the butter. Add the tomatoes and green chilies. Stew about 5 minutes and add to your chicken
- I added a little salt and pepper to taste. Heat the flour tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds so they will be softer and easier to fold.
- With the tortilla flat add three tablespoons of chicken mixture to the center and fold in left and right sides first then roll up. This keeps your mixture from boiling out.
- Heat the oil to about 325 degrees and place folded side down and hold with a spatula so it does not unfold and long enough to seal. Fry for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Place on paper towel and serve plain or heat a cheese sauce. I use Velveeta Queso Blanco thinned down with a little milk