Crispy Kale and Mushroom Fried Rice
3 cjasmine rice, cooled
2 Tbsppeanut oil, divided
2scallions, thinly sliced
2 tspginger, grated
4 ozfresh shitake mushrooms
1 Tbsphoisin sauce
1 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt, to taste
·pepper, to taste
How to Make Crispy Kale and Mushroom Fried Rice
- Break up the cooled cooked rice into smaller clumps.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, cut caps finely. Prepare kale by removing thick stems and finely cut leaves.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the base.
- Add ginger and scallions and cook for about 30 seconds, until just aromatic. Add mushrooms and kale.
- Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through and kale is starting to get crispy.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to pan.
- Toss in the rice and break up any remaining clumps with a spatula. Continue to stir-fry until the rice starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add hoisin sauce and soy sauce and stir until well-mixed with rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the rice to a large communal bowl or individual bowls and serve.