Cajun Greens and Beans with Sausage
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 4 c
- coarsely chopped mustard greens, or greens of your choice
- 1 medium
- zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1-2 tsp
- soy sauce
- 1 pkg
- andouille or pepper sausage, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c
- brown rice
- 1 tsp
- beef bouillion
- cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
How to Make Cajun Greens and Beans with Sausage
- 1Prepare brown rice on stove top or in rice cooker, adding beef bouillon to water.
- 2While rice cooks, heat vegetable oil on high heat in a wok or large skillet. Add sliced zucchini and mustard greens; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until zucchini begins to brown, being careful not to overcook the zucchini. Add soy sauce and continue to sauté until zucchini is tender. Add sliced sausage, garlic, beans, and Cajun seasoning to taste. Continue to sauté, adjusting heat as necessary, until the sausage is heated through.
- 3When rice is cooked, add it to the wok and toss together.